Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Take This Job and Shove It


After 29 years of working in television news I moved into the world of public relations. I'm doing things that I would have never considered necessary to the job. Such as the scene in the photo above. We have these banners with safety messages sitting along a stretch of I-75 between Fort Myers and Naples. A strong wind came along and pulled one of these banners down.

Without thinking I decided to give one of our inspectors an assist up the fence to try and re-hang the banner. Unfortunately my workmate decided it was a great photo opportunity. It took only a second to realize the folly of our efforts and we returned later with a ladder. The photograph made it onto our "Wall of Shame." It's a collage made up mostly of inspectors getting their trucks stuck out in the work zone.

I shall exact my revenge. You see there was this time when we needed a horse and. . . well I show you the results later.

1 comment:

  1. It's a whole new world, isn't it? I love the interaction with school kids. They say the funniest things.

    ReplyDelete