Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Trudging Along

What's with my hip.  My right hip continues to drive me crazy.  I actually had two consecutive days over the weekend where it didn't hurt.  I went to the chiro on Monday and got a nice adjustment and didn't run.  I ran a brisk eight miles last night and wham!  I don't blame the running.  The pain started creeping in after sitting on a rock hard chair a work just like the one in our office at home.  Sitting for hours on end starts the process.  Running only seals the deal.  It ached and throbbed last night.  This morning it's not so bad.

In the meantime I managed to log more than 200 miles for the month of January.  Without going back through all of my logs I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've totaled that many miles in a month in six years.  I'm looking forward to a fast 5K in a week or so and a half marathon at the beginning of March.  The goal is to run the half in 1:45, which is the pace I would have to run for a full marathon to get my Boston qualifier.  What's funny is the slowest half I've ever run is around 1:42, but I was in horrible shape and it was a really hilly course.  Eight minute pace for 13 miles seems a little daunting right now but I've got another month of training to get there.

As for the job front I'm on my own at iROX.  My former partner in crime has taken off for his new gig in the Tampa area.  I've settled back into the routine of answering emails and taking phone calls.  I'm still waiting to hear about the other jobs I've applied for.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment