Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 - Let it Roll

One of the great under recognized jam bands is Little Feat.  The band has been around for more than 40 years and undergone more line up changes than band could ever survive.  I was late coming to my appreciation of the group.

I used to frequent a bar in South Kansas City in the mid-1980's where the owner had a love affair with Little Feat.  After hearing "Dixie Chicken" and "Feats Don't Fail Me Now" one time too many I began to like what I was hearing and inquired about the band.  It dawned on me that I had heard the band before when I had lived in Minneapolis.  One radio station played cuts from "Down on the Farm", released shortly after the death of the band's main musical driving force, Lowell George.

Much of the band's music from the 70's is incredible and the live release "Sailing to Columbus" is one of the best live records ever, period.  My favorite song is one of the few great post-George releases from the band from 1988's "Let it Roll."  Aptly enough, it's the album's title song, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment