Monday, May 11, 2009

Free


The New York Times is reporting that journalist Roxana Saberi is free from an Iranian prison. Saberi's attorney says Iran's appeal court accepted their defense and will let her go with a two year suspended sentence. This is wonderful news.

I won't rest easy until Roxana is back on American soil. Her father Reza and mother Kiko have been in Iran for more than a month now working for their daughter's release. Reza says they plan to travel home in the next few days.

Roxana's return will set off a media firestorm. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out on the various networks. I'm sure she'll have quite a story to tell.

2 comments:

  1. I thought of you when I saw this in the news. I knew you were cautiously rejoicing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about you too! I know you must have been happy and relieved for her. Fargo? then Iran? She needs to work in the Sun Belt and take it easy for a while.

    ReplyDelete